How do I change the session timeout?
Users will noticed after a certain amount of time, the Observer software will automatically log them out of the system. This setting is set to 60 minutes by default and was created so that users would not leave the session open and using unnecessary bandwidth/resources of their computer/network and etc. In order to change the setting, you will have to be part of the Administrators Role. If your Observer account is not a part of that Role, you will not be able to perform these steps.
- Log into the Observer web interface.
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right corner and select Settings.
- On the left side, select the Roles icon (this list will vary depending on which version of the Observer software you are using)
- Roles in the Observer software is equivalent to "groups", so if you are modifying this Role, it encompasses all users in that Role. Select the Role you want to modify.
- In the middle of the window you will now that Users is selected and a list of all the users that are encompassed in this Role, click on Other settings at the top.
- As you can see, you have the Session timeout option, you can modify that number in minutes and click Save at the bottom. If you want to disable the Session timeout, you can put a check mark in the Unlimited playback session option. This will override the Session timeout option if the user has at least one player window open. If they do not have a player window open, the Session timeout will still apply.
- Since we are here already, there are a couple of more options you can set here. Concurrent videos, this setting limits how many player windows you can have open simultaneously on a particular browser page. Force to lowest subencoder, this setting if enabled will select the lowest resolution/bitrate if a channel is ingested in multiple resolutions/bitrates.
- Don't forget to click on Save Changes at the bottom and these changes are per Role, so if you want to modify multiple groups, you will have to perform the changes multiple times.
Volicon Observer Change Session Timeout Automatic Logout Concurrent Playback Simultaneous subencoder lowest resolution bitrate