How do I delete/modify/suspend a user?
In order to delete/modify/suspend a user, you will have to be part of the Administrators Role. If your Observer account is not a part of that Role, you will not be able to perform these steps. Deleting an account will remove it from the Observer software completely. Modifying a user account entails in changing the username, password, emails or any details of the user account. Suspending a user is a temporary way to prevent access to the Observer software and not deleting their account permanently.
- Log into the Observer web interface.
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right corner and select Settings.
- You will see the users list in the middle, use the Search on the left to locate your account.
- Once you have located the user account, hover your mouse over the account and you'll see and edit and trash icon.
- Click on the Edit icon if you need to modify or suspend the user or click on Delete to remove the user from the Observer software. If you select delete, it will pop up a delete confirmation window just to make sure that is what you would like to do.
- The Edit user window will appear if you select the edit icon.
- From this window, you can modify the account details, change the password, change the Role they are a part of and also change the Status from Active to Inactive which will temporarily suspend the user account.
- Don't forget to select Save after you are done modifying/suspending the user account.
Note: If you are using Active Directory, these instructions do not apply.
Volicon Observer Delete Modify Suspend Change Password Roles Users